Safari wont load in iOS 4 GM Seed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Curtis 92, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Curtis 92 macrumors member

Ive got a iPhone 3G and im on the GM Seed iOS 4 and everytime i try go onto Safari it crashes abd shuts down! Is anyone else having problems like mine? And by the way this happned to me in Beta 4 aswell :( HELP!

2. monksealpup macrumors regular

Sounds like you need to do a complete wipe and set it up as a new iPhone. Evidently something from your old setup is b0rked and being put back in the restore process.

3. Curtis 92 thread starter macrumors member

The thing is aswell because its the GM Seed i did do a complete and setup of a iPhone.. :(

4. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

During the beta program I had one dev phone that had this happen. I did a full factory reset and reinstalled and the problem went away.

5. Curtis 92 thread starter macrumors member

6. dukeace2094 macrumors regular

7. Curtis 92 thread starter macrumors member

A link for what? iOS 4?

8. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I've had no issues with Safari apart from a "stick" keyboard in Landscape mode on occasion.

However, I had one massive lock up there just now.

I got a text message, so I slid to unlock, and when I tried to go into my Messages app, it just locked up. The messages app loaded, but no messages showed for a good 30 seconds. When I tried to read one, it highlighted that I'd touched it, but didn't open.

I pressed the home button and the apps "locked" off the side of the screen as they tried to meet in the centre ... the usual home screen animation where the apps zoom on screen from all sides?

I had to hold home and sleep and reboot the phone, and now it's fine ... nice and snappy again. This is the first time I've rebooted the phone since doing the iOS4 update though.

9. Curtis 92 thread starter macrumors member

Arh my iPhone is starting to piss me off.. I'm deffo getting a iPhone 4!