Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tb2me

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
Wondering if anybody has any experience with this. As of this morning, Safari refuses to load two of my most frequently visited websites, towleroad.com and theverge.com. I've tried everything short of uninstalling Safari to get them back; turning off javascript allows the pages to load just fine, but this isn't a realistic option for me as other sites I browse make heavy use of js. I also know it's not as simple as a js issue with these websites because I created a clean account on my computer where I have js and all other plug-ins turned on in Safari and they load under that account. I can't imagine what could have happened to literally make these pages stop loading ten minutes after they had loaded with no issues. All my software is up to date. Has anybody had any similar issues and know any possible causes/solutions?

mrcliffsr

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2012
Charlotte, NC
No loading

Yes, I've had the same problem for a few days. I Get a white screen after a few seconds and it is only helped by turning off Java Script.

Soundflunky

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2012
I've been having this problem more and more over the past few days. It's not what mrcliffsr describes though. That seems like the usual ML stuff. For me, it effects a lot of Google properties like Images (question marks instead of thumbnails and even a missing Google logo in the top corner) Drive, and hilariously enough, the link to download Google Chrome. I've noticed that the sites that don't load all seem to be using https. I removed the s from the Chrome link and it immediately started downloading so there's something to that. I tried it on two Macs on the same network and both had the same problems in Safari. Chrome, on the other hand, is fine.

I can't figure out what could possibly be causing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.