Safari wont open

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macb00k91, Nov 13, 2010.

1. macb00k91 macrumors newbie

every time i try to get on safari, it wont open.

if i quit it, a message pops up saying " the application Safari has quit unexpectedly "

i have no other browser, so i cant post the errors or whatever.

i tried deleting the safari.plist file, tried the disk utility, tried another account, just no luck.

i have a mac OS X 10.5.8.

please help me out, its been about 24 hours. need it for school.

also, i dont have any of the software i bought it awhile ago off of craigslist.

thankssssss

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If you don't mind spending 29 USD, you could get the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD and update your Mac an eventually repair what went wrong. Strange that no grey Restore DVDs came with that Mac.

3. p.luik macrumors regular

Use someone elses computer, download firefox. Install from the dmg to you computer. Then download safari if you dont want to use firefox.

4. macb00k91 thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont have that kind of money -.- yes sad

i have a desktop dell in my house. what do you mean by what you just said? im not too great with computers. just trying to get my mac back

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Windows PC > go here and download the appropriate Mac OS X version (language of your choice) > copy the downloaded .dmg file to a USB stick > Mac > copy the .dmg onto your Desktop > install Firefox via opening the .dmg file and dragging the Firefox "icon" onto the "Application folder icon" > unmount the .dmg and use Firefox.

If you have a fast internet connection, you could then download the Combo Updater for Mac OS X 10.5.8 and run it, in hope it will install Safari.

Or better: http://www.apple.com/safari/download/, maybe it only works via Mac OS X, as in Windows it will show you only Windows versions, but if you are able to get Firefox, you can use Firefox in Mac oS X for that.

Also have a look at the following links to learn more about Mac OS X:

Mac OS X Basics

Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

"How to maximise your MacRumors troubleshooting experience" created by mad jew in 2006

MRoogle is a good tool to search these fora for already existing threads about questions you have. It might be able to answer you quicker than waiting for an answer.

6. macb00k91 thread starter macrumors newbie

THANK YOUU!!!!!!!!!!
    Really saved me, thanks a lot for your time :)

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

No problem. Have fun on your safari. :)