Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
In part of my troubleshooting with Advanced Data Protection breaking Safari bookmarks sync on my iCloud account, for which I've sought help in threads of mine elsewhere here, I turned off ADP.

I then had a variety of Safari sync issues across two separate macOS machines and one iOS device with ADP off.

Long story short, after extensive reboots/resets/plist deletions and various other troubleshooting over hours, the two macOS machines now sync flawlessly.

Despite multiple reboots, "hard restarts" (up/down/hold power), toggling of Safari sync settings, and logging out/in of iCloud on iOS, the iOS device in question simply will not sync Safari bookmarks.

At times, after force-closing Safari and restarting, I am getting extensive periods of time of the error message "Bookmarks are being synced. Please edit the bookmarks once syncing has completed." It does not appear this is actually doing anything. iCloud tabs do sync.

ADP is still off. iPhone 15 Pro. Devices all up-to-date.

I appreciate any insight.

(Edit - and reenabling ADP again disrupts Safari sync even between the two macOS devices.)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.