Safari YT issue on PPC & Intel Macs?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by WalnutSpice, Jul 21, 2016.

1. WalnutSpice Suspended

WalnutSpice

A few days ago I was watching YouTube on my G5 and the comments wouldn't load. I figured it'd happen eventually as some other older browsers can't display YT comments for whatever reason. But today I'm on my MacBook using El Capitan and the latest Safari and notice the exact the same thing. It's all videos too. Anyone else getting this? I figured I'd ask since I'm seeing it on multiple Macs now. New and old.

2. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

Yeah I've had all sorts of issues with YouTube and Safari. Not a good spot to post this though

3. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I've been seeing some Youtube "glitches" lately even on current systems.

With that said, I would STRONGLY encourage you to use TFF to view Youtube videos on PPC Macs. My reason for suggesting this is that TFF completely disables Flash and therefore you will end up watching videos in HTML5.

4. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Which is fine if you don't care about anything more than 480p video.

5. WalnutSpice thread starter Suspended

WalnutSpice

I only have options for 360p HTML 5 on TFF. I'd much rather use Flash and watch in 720p. I don't really care about flash vulnerabilities and things like that. I might sound dumb, but just two years ago I used a custom P4 build and Windows 2000 for about a year and had not a single virus. So I'm sure being careful, I'll be just fine.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 21, 2016 ---
    I really wasn't sure where else. I figured I'd put it here because when I first noticed it, it was on my PowerPC Mac and when I post in other forums on this site I get no replies and obviously ignored.

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

This is one of those bugs that is on YouTube's end. The versions of Safari and WebKit have not changed for years, and even modern Macs have issues so it proves it is their issue. Sadly, no one else would claim that...

7. Dekema2 macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

8. WalnutSpice thread starter Suspended

WalnutSpice

Can I get a mod to move this to the General or whatever forum? Keaton was right and this forum isn't really good for this

9. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

And the only reason I said that (not to be snarky, I promise) was because us here with PowerPC machines might have a hard time distinguishing between a PowerPC issue and a general youtube/Safari issue

10. WalnutSpice thread starter Suspended

WalnutSpice

Yeah, that's what I figured. Didn't take it in a snarky way