Safari

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by moderngamenewb, Jun 30, 2012.

1. moderngamenewb macrumors 6502

Does Mountain Lion fix the bug that keeps Safari 5 from loading every once in a while? Sometimes I'll be on a page, then go to another page, it doesn't load, and then when I click on the address bar to see if it'll load quicker, a message pops up saying that the pages aren't loading and asks me to load the pages again (I forgot the exact wording of the message). I hit the load pages button that shows up on the message, then all of a sudden the pages load again. It's really annoying when it has to refresh pages like that, especially if I'm watching youtube/netflix, or downloading something. Does Mountain Lion fix this?

2. bobbba macrumors regular

Never saw that happen under Safari 5 so I don't think it's a bug.

3. moderngamenewb thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, it happens on mine every once in a while. I'm running a macbook pro 13 inch 2010 model. Safari 5 has been doing it ever since I upgraded to Lion on release day. I've also done a clean installation of Lion, and it still does it. It's not the wifi, because it's done it on other networks too.

4. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

It's been doing that to me, but whenever I click "reload", it reloads the page, but doesn't show anything. I just have a blank white page. I'd submit a bug report, but can't predict when it happens.

5. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Not seen that problem here (three separate Macs).

6. Prime85 macrumors 6502a

Prime85

Thats strange, I have not had that issue with Safari 5. Safari 6 does not have the issue either.

If you are still getting that problem you can try the Lion version of Safari 6 Beta.

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I didn't have that specific problem on Safari 5.1 but it crashed at least once and hour (no exaggeration). I've been using Safari 5.2 beta and it's rock solid.