Safari

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by rookies, Aug 25, 2014.

1. rookies macrumors member

Has anyone had any problems with Safari.

I think this only happens when I wake the machine up from sleep.

Safari Hangs it takes a while to get working when I put in a web address. But when it gets going it is fine. sometime it takes ages to get it going i.e. over a min wait..

This doesn't happen with Chrome thou

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think there' been a number of threads and posts about 10.10 and safari. I'm not sure if the issues have continued with PB2/DP6 but there's been a number of people posting about problems with Safari.

3. rookies thread starter macrumors member

I did try to find some but no success let hope someone pop along here and help us out

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Safari has been running fine for me. Do you have any extensions installed in it? If so, try disabling them one at a time to figure out which one, if any, are causing a problem.

5. rookies thread starter macrumors member

No extension at all never use them..

Like I say it work fine once it working it fast. If I come back to the iMac after a few hours when it been a sleep that when the problem starts

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Have you tried doing a clean install of Yosemite? My first install had many issues that I couldn't resolve. I stopped using the PB for about 3 weeks until the PB 2 came out, updated it and still had lots of problems. It was probably due to some data corruption from migrating my Mavericks profile into Yosemite.

Then over this past weekend, I wiped the Yosemite disk and started fresh again and created a whole new user profile from which to work. Most of the issues I had are gone now and everything is quite stable. There are a few bugs yet, obviously, but its not as bad as it was.

So, maybe, try doing that.

7. rookies thread starter macrumors member

Guess I need to go and download it and create a disk hope i can find mine beta testing email with the code to download it