Safaria 5.0 vs. Firefox 4b

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brayhite, Jul 30, 2010.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

Though FF is a beta, does it look like it has the potential to be as good if not better than Safari 5? I hate switching from one to another but I really like the add-ons for Firefox (namely the sharing add-ons and Google Reader add-on), and would prefer using Safari only.

I haven't used Safari extensively so I'd like some opinions on the two browsers.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Safari is the clear winner. I think there are Safari extensions that do what you want from Firefox. Firefox is too bloated.

3. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

I'd easily say Firefox but I believe that everyone has different needs, and there is a good browser for everyone. Me, I use Firefox because it does what I need it to, in the way I want it to.

So I'd say if Safari does what you need it to, use it. It's gotten better ever since Safari 5 (with that bookmark/history search from the address bar; idk why any browser shouldn't have that).

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Everyone is going to have their own opinion, just search the thread and you'll find tons of people trying to find the best browser. In the end you have to decide for yourself because only you know what you need and like from a browser. I always come back to Firefox and never feel it's bloated, even with 20+ add-ons installed (mostly web development ones), but Safari is a great browser too as well as Opera.

5. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I was referring specifically to those two, which is why I made the thread. I know each have their pros/cons as far as what you need, but you don't realize most "needs" until you find that the ability exists, hence why I'm asking for preferences on here and why to see if maybe I "need" something that someone else does on a particular browser that I didn't know existed.