Safari's Activity Window broken

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by juanlacueva, May 3, 2011.

1. juanlacueva macrumors newbie

I'm a web developer so I use the Activity a LOT but some time ago it stopped working

I have a list of windows/tabs but when I open each page, it lists no file... no image, no css, not even the html/php itself... this happens for any domain or localhost

If the page has some kind of external call it load like a subitem but its empty as well. For example, if I have an iframe it makes a subpage but when I open it, the arrow goes down but nothing appears...

I'm lost here, have no idea what's happening. I already tried running AppleJack and did nothing

Any ideas?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you try resetting Safari? Rebooting? Deleting the Safari .plist?

3. juanlacueva thread starter macrumors newbie

Reset it, rebooted, checked for permissions, even run disk warrior.... nothing changed

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What about a reinstall?

5. juanlacueva thread starter macrumors newbie

That's the first thing I tried.. I installed over. I tried uninstalling first by dragging Safari to AppZapper but it "refused" to zap it... I know I can change the preferences but now that I think of, force-removing Safari is not a good idea

I also tried disabling all extensions... still the same problem

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

AppZapper, AppCleaner, CleanApp, TrashMe, and similar apps do not do a thorough job of removing all files/folders related to deleted apps. I tested several of these, using Skype as the app to be removed. Of 17 items to be removed:
    AppZapper missed 13 items
    AppCleaner missed 11 items
    AppDelete missed 8 items
    Hazel missed 9 items​
    I also tested AppTrap, CleanMyMac and a few others, but don't recall how many items they missed. All left files/folders behind. In most cases, they remove .plist files and a few others, but leave behind much larger files and folders. (you will find a discussion of these tests in the thread linked below)

One app that I would not recommend, based on the number of complaints that have been posted in this forum and elsewhere, is CleanMyMac. As an example: CleanMyMac cleaned too much

The only effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

7. juanlacueva thread starter macrumors newbie

It was Rapport, an 3rd party addon which is not installed via Extensions menu, its a program you install for securing your homebanking access.

UnInstalled with the a .sh the software comes with and now it works

Thanks