Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juanlacueva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
I'm a web developer so I use the Activity a LOT but some time ago it stopped working

I have a list of windows/tabs but when I open each page, it lists no file... no image, no css, not even the html/php itself... this happens for any domain or localhost

If the page has some kind of external call it load like a subitem but its empty as well. For example, if I have an iframe it makes a subpage but when I open it, the arrow goes down but nothing appears...

I'm lost here, have no idea what's happening. I already tried running AppleJack and did nothing

Any ideas?

juanlacueva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
What about a reinstall?

That's the first thing I tried.. I installed over. I tried uninstalling first by dragging Safari to AppZapper but it "refused" to zap it... I know I can change the preferences but now that I think of, force-removing Safari is not a good idea

I also tried disabling all extensions... still the same problem

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
That's the first thing I tried.. I installed over. I tried uninstalling first by dragging Safari to AppZapper but it "refused" to zap it...
AppZapper, AppCleaner, CleanApp, TrashMe, and similar apps do not do a thorough job of removing all files/folders related to deleted apps. I tested several of these, using Skype as the app to be removed. Of 17 items to be removed:
AppZapper missed 13 items
AppCleaner missed 11 items
AppDelete missed 8 items
Hazel missed 9 items​
I also tested AppTrap, CleanMyMac and a few others, but don't recall how many items they missed. All left files/folders behind. In most cases, they remove .plist files and a few others, but leave behind much larger files and folders. (you will find a discussion of these tests in the thread linked below)

One app that I would not recommend, based on the number of complaints that have been posted in this forum and elsewhere, is CleanMyMac. As an example: CleanMyMac cleaned too much

The only effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

juanlacueva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
It was Rapport, an 3rd party addon which is not installed via Extensions menu, its a program you install for securing your homebanking access.

UnInstalled with the a .sh the software comes with and now it works

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.