Safari's "Swipe to go back" re-loading page

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by hotttnickkk, Nov 1, 2013.

1. hotttnickkk macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I just got a new Mac and coming from Windows, I'd have to say almost all of the features are GREAT!!

BUT!!

I have been "dealing" with this annoying feature of Safari since I've got this rMBP. But I have had enough. So I am wondering if it is just me that's suffering?

When ever I swipe the track pad to go back to the last web page, the web page "re-loads" (the page doesn't actually "re-load", it's just the progress bar moving). During that time, the page seems to "freeze". I cannot scroll down, or do anything. I just have to wait a few seconds (without any indication of when it had finished) before I can start scrolling again. Yes, it's "small" and seems trivial. However it's frustrating.

Is there a way to stop Safari from reloading the page?

It's really really is annoying!!

PS: This isn't an issue if I click the "back button" next to the address bar. It only is an issue when everything freezes when I swipe to go back.

2. Jurgenuk macrumors member

I've had this also :(

I think there is a general problem in Safari with swiping.

Sometimes I try to swipe back a page and it just freezes, the only way to get it to unfreeze is to restart Safari, which isn't ideal!

Hopefully 10.9.1 comes out soon and will fix the issue. Or can they just update Safari?