SafariStand for Leopard Question / Problem..... (_blank links).

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jasko, Nov 1, 2007.

1. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

Hi, I couldn't find any recent comments about SafariStand that were released recently about the build that was just released for Leopard..... so here I am.

I don't even care about the rest of the features, but the one feature I do want is the force Safari to open "_blank" type links into the same window, new tab. I installed everything properly and the Stand menu shows up at the end of my menubar on Safari..... the option is checked for this but fails to work.

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem, or even know another possible solution to make Safari force "_blank" links into the same window?

2. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

3. Pants Dragon macrumors regular

I'd like a fix to this as well. Also, while we're talking about SafariStand, I was directed to it as a substitute for what I'm used to FlashBlock does in Firefox, but I can't figure it out. Can somebody tell me exactly how to use it this way? Or, just as good, suggest another Flash blocking solution?

4. jasko thread starter macrumors 6502

jasko

Glad to see it's not just me :(

It's weird cause majority of Mac users use Safari. I don't see how everyone's ok with this annoying feature. :confused:

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

The latest update just fixed it for me :) SIMBL method btw