SafariStand for Safari 4.x

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by steiney, Nov 2, 2010.

1. steiney macrumors 6502

Hello All,

I use SafariStand with Safari. I had it set to sort my downloads into folders by date. The first time in a given day that I downloaded something through Safari, SafariStand would create a folder named in the format "YYYY-MM-DD", so that they all stayed in chronological order within my desktop folder.

I just upgraded to Safari 4.1.2 and downloaded an updated copy of SafariStand to go with it, and now that function doesn't work, even though it is shown in the preferences. I've played around with it a bunch and can't get it to work. I'm using Tiger, btw.

Question: Does anyone know of a Safari add-on that will fill that role? I've searched a bunch with google, and can't find anything that does exactly what I described. I really loved that feature and am missing it sorely.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

steiney

UPDATE: I found an AppleScript called "FolderOrg" / "FolderOrgX" that does exactly what SafariStand is now lacking, with just a little tinkering. If anyone wants to add their two cents, feel free!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Glims does that, though it has 10.5 as requirement, but it shall work with Safari 3.0.4 and up.

3. steiney thread starter macrumors 6502

spinnerlys: Thanks. I'm still on Tiger, so this might not work for me, but I appreciate the reply! I'm pretty happy with the Applescript solution. I feel like it probably adds a very small amount of extra burden on the processor, but probably no more than what Safaristand was adding.