Safe buying an iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by BroodRooster, Oct 8, 2011.

1. BroodRooster macrumors member

Hi there,

Sorry for my crap english, i speak dutch normally so. After a lot of troubles with my new MacBook Pro ive send that thing back to Apple. I need a stable and fast computer because Im in my last year of graphic design / visual arts. I live 2min from campus so I dont need a portable because I can work at home and bring my assignments to campus on external drive and edit them on the iMacs at campus.

I wanna buy the basic iMac 21,5 because I already own a second monitor and the 27 is just to huge for me. Im wondered if all problems with yellow tinge, screen flicker etc are fixed. Because I need an accuratie color on screen for printing.

Thanks in advance

2. IwantImac macrumors newbie

well, i bought the 21.5 inch iMac and I truly love it.Even tough the screen issues aren't fixed, I think that the these are more of a problem with the 27 inch displays. Perhaps you were just one of the few unlucky buyers that got a crappy macbook.

3. BroodRooster thread starter macrumors member

Hi, I recieved four bad macbooks ;) So im done with them hehe. Gonna give the iMac a shot then, otherwise it will be a second hand Mac Pro

4. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

iMacs are great, wouldn't worry about the yellow screen too much. You can always take it back. Sorry to hear about your MacBook Pro.

5. Unkei macrumors member

Unkei

Safe buying an iMac?

I went with 21.5 iMac, no screen problems and a joy to use, especially with Magic Trackpad. (makes zooming easy for my poor old eyes, and the gestures are a joy!
    Unkei