safe eyes also filters admin account?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bluedoggiant, Aug 29, 2007.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

so my son has his computer, iMac, and has full control over it, but i want to set up content filtering on it using safe eyes, but i dont want to set up a different account or anything, he NEEDS to be admin, but i want to put content filtering, so if i set it up, will it filter content EVEN in the admin account, like the settings are the same for each user?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Think. If you son has administrative privileges, then he can disable the filter at will.

3. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

well wouldnt it have a password other than the master password? and also a password for deleting it other than the master password?

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i think previously some people said yes, you can just try it out, it has a trial version.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

SafeEyes has a separate login from the local computer account. To get on to the internet you have to login to SafeEyes first, it's this accounts settings that dictate what can and cannot be seen. It has nothing to do with if the user is an admin or not of the machine.

Not if it still works how it used to when we used it for my brother. The only way to stop it is to uninstall it, and to do that you need to login as your admin account to the SafeEyes website to retrieve a constantly changing code.

6. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

thanx...again, im the guy that was asking for which parental controls to use a day or two back and u suggested safe eyes if u remember, i was just double checking that is wud work in the admin account