Safe Mode won't work.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jaster, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Jaster macrumors newbie

I am as of today a Mac user, however I am seriously regretting my decision.

First I charged it until the light was green. I then booted it up and set everything up. So eventually I find that I have a red pixel next to my "finder" option on the menu bar that seems to hide itself once something with a few more characters appears such as "Quicktime Player". So eventually I decide on fixing that matter later. I then proceed to install the updates my MBP has found. I t then downloads everything eventaully prompting me to restart. I go to do so and now I get a dreaded blue screen with a black cursor present. I tred the boot into safe mode option by holding shift after the tone and releasing it after the Apple logo + loading gear appear. I have tried about 5 times now to get into safe mode but no dice. I also placed my Mac OS X install disk but that didn't seem to help as I thought it would just boot and load an install menu or something.

I seriously would appreciate any help that you guys (and girls) may be able to provide.

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

You have to hold 'c' when trying to boot off DVD, did you do that?

3. winty03 macrumors regular

I am also new to mac was a switcher in mid March. All I can say is don't panic, have you called and talked to Apple about your issue? If you have bought it brand new, its all covered under warrenty and even though it took 3exchanges of my macbook pro, I am a happy switcher. Apple took care of me and wanted to get it right, I was pretty upset right away, but just went with the flow and l now have my new mbp absolutely perfect.