Safe Sleep does not make me feel very safe

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ata, Jul 27, 2008.

1. ata macrumors member

I've had this happen about twice. My MacBook Pro was running on battery (left unattended), and when I came back, it was off. Of course it's happened before and Safe Sleep had kicked in so that when I turned it on, it would resume where it left off. But these times, it was just off. Once I booted it back up, nothing looked unusual in the system log leading up to the gap of a couple of hours, and it didn't give me the "Computer was restarted after OS X quit unexpectedly" box or anything. Eh?

2. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

not that this is exactly going to help solve your problem but... this happens pretty much anytime my macbook's battery gets too low.

it either just powers off after the reserve power warning, or it goes to sleep for a short time and then dies and safe sleep does not kick in.

coconut battery says my battery is still at 100% health (330 cycles)....

so i just ended up turning off safe sleep and deleting the safe sleep image to save myself the 2GB of hard drive space since it never worked for me anymore.

if you find a solution for your problem i'd like to hear it so i can hopefully get my safe sleep working again.