Safe Sleep Mode

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by g-boac, Dec 31, 2007.

1. g-boac macrumors 6502

From Apple's web page:
    [1]Is this "safe sleep mode" akin to Windows "Hibernate"?
    [2]Does the MacBook also have this function, or is Safe Sleep Mode only a PPC thing?
    [3]Is there a way to force my Macbook or iMac to shut down or sleep into Safe Sleep Mode, so that I could safely suspend my session without the risk of losing it to a power failure if I were going to be away for a while?

thanks!
    Mark

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

1.) Yes
    2.) Macbook also has this function (and I believe all new macs)
    3.) I use Deepsleep to enable it (on a one time basis)

3. g-boac thread starter macrumors 6502

Safe Sleep Mode not working!

Funny timing on this. I actually ran down my batter today, and my MacBook just shut off. When I plugged in the a/c, I pushed the power button and turned the macbook on. I got the startup chime, and the MacBook did a clean boot -- my previous session (had several Safari and a couple Finder windows open) was completely gone.

Is there something I need to do to enable Safe Sleep Mode?

thanks!
    Mark

4. weizilla macrumors regular

The same thing happened to me last night with the early 2008 10.5.2 macbook. I'm thinking perhaps it shutdown when the battery is low instead of going into sleep but I'm not sure. Can someone confirm/deny?

5. MateoS macrumors newbie

I have the same computer, same configuration and same problem. I called Apple Support, they sent a new battery the problem continues. Anyone find out more about this problem?