Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
greetings

I am in the market to buy a thunderbolt display.. I notice on the buyers guide it says its in mid cycle at 252 days out of an average of 399. News about possible redesign mac line coming up has me questioning if they would redesign the display along side the macs. Whats your thoughts? Im sure I just need to be patient but we all know how that is.. :p:apple:

edk99

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
FL
If I were to guess I wouldn't hold my breath on it getting updated anytime soon. I would imagine Apple is busy working on the MBPs, MBAs, Mac Minis and iMacs first before they update the thunderbolt display.

So when the iMacs get updated that should be a good indication on what the screen will be for the Thunderbolt display will be if it is "retina" or not. If it is not a retina display then the only improvements i see happening are an upgrade to USB3 in the display. They also might go with an anti-reflective glass too but we will see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.