Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aye5882

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
hey all. i know this has been discussed ad nauseum but i think i have a different aspect of it. i'll be upgrading from the original core duo mbp and i would prefer getting one now before the "radical" new upgrade since i don't want to be the guinea pig for the rev A model. i remember when the first mbp came out, there was issues w/ heat. that was fixed by changing the size of the vents in the back. then there was the lower 1/3 yellowing of the new led screens...

i haven't been keeping up w/ the latest kinks but are there any that's prevalent in the current mbp's that i should be looking out for before i buy?

thanks!

aye5882

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
If you check out the macbook pro section of the forums.. you will see numerous threads about the nvidia gpu scare.

yea i read about that... but someone mentioned that its for the older versions of the mbp and not the current ones... ?

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
I bought mine about a month ago and have been using it with absolutely no issues whatsoever. I have been very pleased with the screen, battery, very little heat, and no crashes of anything. If it helps i'm using a 2.4ghz 15'' Matte, everything standard.

soup222

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
you have applecare when you buy it new, but don't buy till sept....you'll be sorry.

why whats up? are they up-dating the MBP line?
GRRRR! i need to know. because i was going to buy a MBP this comming sep. on the 8th. i`ve been waiting forever to buy one and if there up-dating the line then i will wait.

Does anyone know? Should i wait? :apple::apple::apple:

sparkysmunchies

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2007
i just bought a mbp and it has the r2d2 audio problem. i've had it replaced twice and then got a refund. if you look around the mbp forum, there's a few threads about it. the support rep i spoke with said he has escalated this problem to engineering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.