safe to buy a mbp? all the kinks out?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aye5882, Jul 14, 2008.

1. aye5882 macrumors member

hey all. i know this has been discussed ad nauseum but i think i have a different aspect of it. i'll be upgrading from the original core duo mbp and i would prefer getting one now before the "radical" new upgrade since i don't want to be the guinea pig for the rev A model. i remember when the first mbp came out, there was issues w/ heat. that was fixed by changing the size of the vents in the back. then there was the lower 1/3 yellowing of the new led screens...

i haven't been keeping up w/ the latest kinks but are there any that's prevalent in the current mbp's that i should be looking out for before i buy?

thanks!

2. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

If you check out the macbook pro section of the forums.. you will see numerous threads about the nvidia gpu scare.

3. aye5882 thread starter macrumors member

yea i read about that... but someone mentioned that its for the older versions of the mbp and not the current ones... ?

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The only MacBook Pro nVidia GPU is the 8600. It would affect all of them if it affected any of them.

I don't think that it does, but...

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'd be more concerned about a MacBook Pro update.

6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I bought mine about a month ago and have been using it with absolutely no issues whatsoever. I have been very pleased with the screen, battery, very little heat, and no crashes of anything. If it helps i'm using a 2.4ghz 15'' Matte, everything standard.

7. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

you have applecare when you buy it new, but don't buy till sept....you'll be sorry.

8. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

I'm concerned as well I might buy a MBP this Saturday and I'm unsure whether to buy the MBP or the MB :rolleyes:

9. soup222 macrumors newbie

why whats up? are they up-dating the MBP line?
    GRRRR! i need to know. because i was going to buy a MBP this comming sep. on the 8th. i`ve been waiting forever to buy one and if there up-dating the line then i will wait.

Does anyone know? Should i wait? :apple::apple::apple:

10. superman193 macrumors regular

MBP was released in what? uhh 2006? If so the all the kinks are def worked out! :rolleyes:

~Super

11. sparkysmunchies macrumors newbie

i just bought a mbp and it has the r2d2 audio problem. i've had it replaced twice and then got a refund. if you look around the mbp forum, there's a few threads about it. the support rep i spoke with said he has escalated this problem to engineering.

12. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

If you guys have calendars...mark them for Sept. 23rd...Big Day

13. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

It's true everyone! My friend is getting married :D