Safe to Buy FCE 4 now?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dr Strangelove, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Dr Strangelove macrumors regular

Was wondering what the update cycle on this looks like? I am getting ready to pull the trigger so I can start learning this program for a project I am starting with a very loose schedule.

Is there a chance a new version of this program will be out very soon? Seems like it has not been updated in a while.

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Well, if FCE 4 has features you like and know will suit your needs, a new version won't ruin that. I personally enjoy it and know it will be all that I need for my film purposes.

I'm guessing a newer version might include the image stabilization feature seen in iMovie 09 and more compatibility with harddrive based camcorders.

But, if you're just worried about being obsolete, I would assume FCE would be updated over the summer (since it is going to be 2 years old in August).

3. Dr Strangelove thread starter macrumors regular

Well I just bought imovie 09 and do like it, it is just lacking features for the project I am planning on starting. If I buy FCE, I just don't want to have to upgrade again in a month.

Image stabilization is kind of a big one if you ask me.

4. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Well, I would suggest holding off until the new FCE 4 is released. I believe it already is a great prosumer editor right now though.

However, if your really need a more complex editor than iMovie soon (like within weeks), I would buy FCE 4.

5. Dr Strangelove thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, well I am starting a project that is going to take a bout 12 months to complete but I do not wish to start in iMovie now only to move to FCE later. I understand you can export to FCE from imovie, does that work well?

6. Dr Strangelove thread starter macrumors regular

Decided to hold off till the end oft he month announcements. I heard they were updating FCS

7. Its Trish macrumors member

Its Trish

Dr Hi Strangelove,

Can you give us a hotlink or further details about what you heard? thx!