Safe to buy from MacMall?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kwong2006, Aug 27, 2008.

1. kwong2006 macrumors regular

I found a good deal on a LaCie drive from MacMall (Adorama on Amazon have a similar deal), and I was wondering if it is safe to buy from MacMall or from Adorama on Amazon.

Thanks for all the help!

2. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

MacMall is a very well known site among the Mac community. I haven't personally bought anything there, but I've heard it being recommended lots of times by other forum users.

3. nutmac macrumors 68040

Only if you are not planning on returning the item. External hard disk might be one of the few exceptions, but MacMall charges 15% restocking fee on most purchases.

4. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

MacMall gets mixed reviews from people. Their return policy, especially on new Macs, doesn't allow you to return it to them(I don't know about external HD's). That is one reason I didn't use them when I have purchased Macs in the past(I will pay the tax and get it directly from Apple). I have ordered small things from them and had no problem. I'm just leary of them on big ticket items. BTW Amazon's return policy is really good.

5. SDLSteve macrumors 6502

They've ticked me off a few times to the point that I won't buy from them anymore. They do have good deals though. My issues dealt with having things backordered and them not coming through with delivery dates.

6. DavidCL23 macrumors 6502

I bought Camera accesories from Adorama multiple times, and the one time I had an issue they paid for return shipping :)