Safe to buy iPhone 4 now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Halvard, May 4, 2011.

1. Halvard macrumors regular

Halvard

Me and a friend both want iPhone 4. But is it safe to get it now? Or can the iPhone 5 come out anytime now. How long do I have to wait?

And when is Apple's press conferance? When will I find out if it comes or not soon?

And what will the new iPhone 5 have that the iPhone 4 doesn't have? 4G?

I know there are no real answers to this but what do you think? :)

2. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Rumor has it that the next iPhone will come out in September-October time frame. It's only a few more months

3. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

Asking all these questions remind of a little kid..."Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?"

OP take it easy man :)

The new iPhone will PROBABLY be out in Sept/Oct. so be patient!

4. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

It's definitely not safe to buy an iPhone at the moment. All the little immature Android fanboys will run around trying to insult you and make you feel bad about your purchase. Be aware. This is done out of their insecurities towards their own device.

5. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

No, definitely not safe, I hear that there is a man going around a killing anyone who buys an iPhone 4 from this point onwards. Your life may be in danger if you purchase one.

6. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Even if this was true an iPhone 4 would be worth the risk ;)

7. Halvard thread starter macrumors regular

Halvard

I'm not afraid of being bullied lol :p
    But if you guys don't thnk the iPhone 5 will come out until September/october i think I'll buy the iPhone 4 and just sell it later! :)

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No one knows. It would just be conjecture at this point, but the rumor is that it's not coming out until September. We'll probably get news at the WWDC though one way or another.

9. kicko macrumors 65816

if you really want one just go buy one. I think by now everyone with an iphone knows they come out every year, so being inside of a 2 year contract your not likey to get a new phone every year, unless you sell your and then purchase the new one at retail.

and if you wait and buy a 5 what happens when you want a 6??

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

So if you buy the iPhone 4 today, will it stop functioning when the next iPhone gets released?

If you are one of those people that constantly needs to have the latest and greatest, then you better get used to it now always having to wait.

11. Halvard, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011

Halvard thread starter macrumors regular

Halvard

No I'm not one of those. I know that with Apple products it comes out a new one about every year of every products. But I want to know if iPhone 5 has something new that I REALLY need. If its just a little faster, bigger screen and better camera it doesnt matter. But if it has 4G and 3D camera and things like that, that would be cool! :)
    I hate when people always want the newest things... Someone I know got the iPhone 3Gs about 3-4 months after I got my 3G... And he always yells: "My iPhone is better than you and I can do more things than you can do!!" The worst thing is that he doesn't know what new features he has except filming....

I'm pretty tired of my iPhone 3G. Its so slow and about 90% of new apps doesnt work with it.

And one more thing! Are there any new things with the new iPhone that you guys think will come?

12. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

What it will have only Apple knows, when will it be released, the rumors point to not this summer.

AT&T Rep: Apple Has Told Us No New iPhone in June or July
    http://www.macrumors.com/2011/05/04/atandt-rep-apple-has-told-us-no-new-iphone-in-june-or-july/

My prediction, don't count on 4G or 3D cameras.

13. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

14. kicko macrumors 65816

haha, they barely have a clue about their own business, nevermind anyone else's.

15. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

They could just be reiterating what the web is already saying, but several rumors are pointing to the possibility that it won't be happening this summer, at least not early summer like in the past (Summer this year ends on Sept 22nd).

I agree that AT&T reps are not the most trusted of sources, but others in the Tech Community have been saying this for a wile now, but WWDC is in a month and who knows what will happen.

16. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Its only safe if you use protection. Otherwise, there's no guarantee.