Safe to Buy Macbook Black?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eric Lewis, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

Is it safe to purchase this now>?

well i am going to buy this feb 1...after exams and im just wandering if its safe to buy? or will it be put into aluminum like everything else is?

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

It will be put into aluminum the day after you buy it. :D
    Seriously, just get it. Apple's not replacing their consumer line any time soon. And if they did, it's not as if all the iBooks and Macbooks out there would suddenly stop working...

3. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

Yes -- no updates anytime soon. Earliest will be late spring/early summer

buy if you need it.

4. Ilovemygeek macrumors regular

5. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

Last November, I was contemplating to wait for MacWorld before buying my MacBook. I wasn't in an urgent need to replace my old Dell laptop, but was in the market for a new one.

What pushed me over the edge was the Santa Rosa update for the MacBooks. I'm sure glad that I bought it then. Since I got the MacBook, computing is a joy again, instead of a chore. :)

So, I would say buy it as soon as you can. But since you're having exams soon, beware that a new Mac could be very distracting ;)
    [I know, I'm a research student, and having shiny new toys is very bad for productivity.]

6. macguymike macrumors 6502

I agree with everything that's been said so far. I just bought a new black MacBook. The MacBooks will NOT become aluminum (unless Apple moves the Pro's to a different type of metal - not likely).

I have no regrets. If I had to guess, they *might* get touch-sensitive trackpads like the MacBook Air on the next revision, but I don't think that's really worth waiting for unless you can afford to wait or really need to have the latest tech.