Safe to delete apps from iTunes on Mac?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by mrholder, Jul 9, 2013.

1. mrholder macrumors regular

I'm running low on space on my Mac and need to delete more stuff. Is it safe to delete iphone/ipad apps from the mac that are not being used? Several games are over 1 gb each, and if I want to play them I can download them later.

2. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Yes, you can always download them later whenever you want to use them as long as you know the account/password you bought the apps with.

3. chubble10 macrumors newbie

chubble10

Yes, they will remain in your purchase history if you need to re-download them again.
    However, depending on your sync settings, if you delete an app that is currently on an iDevice, then it may get removed from it on the next sync.

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Also be a bit cautious. If there is an app that you NEED to have, don't delete it. If the author / publisher decides to take it off of the AppStore, you won't be able to download it again. You can create a backup, burn them to DVD or something just to keep them "just in case." I've had several applications disappear, fortunately none that I found to be critical.

5. mrholder thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I haven't downloaded any rare apps that got pulled from the store, so I think I'll be ok. I'll definitely make a copy of them on disc.