Safe to delete "iPod Photo Cache" in iPhoto Library?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ideal.dreams, Nov 23, 2011.

1. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I'm going through my iPhoto library in Finder and noticed a folder called "iPod Photo Cache". It's taking up 3.5 GB of space.

If I delete it, will there be any negative effects? I don't have an iPod anymore, but I do have an iPad and iPhone; I don't know if it will affect the photos on either of the devices.

Thanks!

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Don't Do It

It's where iTunes stores all your phot information. If you delete it, your other devices will lose data on next sync.

3. ideal.dreams thread starter macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Why is it called iPod photo cache though? Shouldn't it be called iPhone or iPad photo cache?

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Do you have an iPad photo cache too?

I've never seen both...All my devices get information from iTunes photo cache. I guess if you do have that, then it MIGHT be safe to delete the iPod folder, I've never owned an iPod so can't say if the library is separate if you have iTunes phot cache, then it's likely you can delete the iPod folder, but I'd be careful.

5. ideal.dreams thread starter macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Well I used to have an iPod Touch before I got my MacBook Pro, so I think it's safe to delete too. I just wanted to make sure. I'm not going to delete it until I'm 100% sure. In the meantime, if anyone has a for sure answer, I'd like to hear it!

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Even if you have an iPod you can still delete it(as I did), and it will just be rebuilt next time you sync with iPhoto.

7. MrElvey macrumors newbie

MrElvey

Wrong!

support.apple.com/kb/TS1314