Safe to order 27" iMac yet?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 2Turbo, Feb 13, 2013.

  1. 2Turbo macrumors 6502


    Feb 18, 2011
    I've seen some threads about image retention/dust/yellow spots. I wanted a 27" but it seems a little risky. Should I order now? Or should I wait a few months for these issues to be ironed out?

    I really don't want to replace it 4 times and deal with all the hassle. :confused:
  2. J. Rab macrumors newbie

    Feb 13, 2013
    LOL -- with all the delays and wait time on delivery -- you might as well order it now -- you'd receive it in a few months or so anyway :)
  3. skinny*k macrumors regular

    Feb 21, 2011
    No matter what it is, or who makes it, there’s always a chance that you’ll get a lemon, and most 27” iMacs aren’t defective—if you wait until you’re absolutely sure, you’ll never get one. If you do manage to get a bad one, Apple is usually pretty good about making customers happy; go for it.
  4. JohnDory macrumors member


    Jul 11, 2012
    I'm a bit disappointed about the speed of iMovie on the new 27'. I went to the expense of fusion, i7 and 680 graphic card, and yet it is excruciatingly slow.

    The issue is known for years (see iMovie slow discussion on Apple site), yet nothing is done to fix it properly.

    Buyer beware, I guess. I wish I'd known. No point having the hardware if the software has an issue.
  5. 2Turbo thread starter macrumors 6502


    Feb 18, 2011
    Well to be fair, that's a software issue and can be fixed by updates (if they ever do). I feel sorry for ya and I know Apple has dropped the ball on a lot of things really.

Share This Page