Resolved Safe to remove ldap account and Resources folder?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Diogones, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Diogones, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

Diogones macrumors regular

Diogones

Hey all,

I have a Resources folder at the root directory of my hard drive. I know it isn't a default folder, like Users or Library, but I couldn't find much about it online. Do I really need it, or is it safe to remove it?

I also have an ldap user account in my Users folder that came along for the ride when I used Migration Assistant to transfer my account to a different Mac. Again, I don't know if I need the ldap account, because I don't need the directory access for anything, as far as I know. Is this also safe to remove, or should I hold onto it, just for safekeeping?

2. Diogones thread starter macrumors regular

Diogones

OK, I see the Guest account when I view the login screen, so that's good and settled. But I still haven't determined whether I need the Idap account or not.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Look in it and see if you need anything inside, but the actual folder should be safe to delete if you're not using network directory services.

jW

4. Diogones thread starter macrumors regular

Diogones

Thanks for the response Mal; I looked inside but didn't see anything, so I deleted it, and I haven't experienced any ill effects for over a week now, so I guess that is the end of that. :)