Safe to sell iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ProperNoun, May 26, 2010.

1. ProperNoun macrumors newbie

Hello, yesterday I purchased a MacBook Pro, printer, and 8GB iPod Touch using the Back to School deal. I tried filling out the online rebate and it says I have to wait for my MacBook Pro to arrive, which will probably be sometime next week. I have someone lined who wants to buy it for $150 tomorrow, is it safe to sell the iPod Touch before filling out the rebate as long as I keep the serial number or should I just not take a chance and keep it until my MBP comes? Thank you :)

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

As long as you have the serial and the receipts, you should be safe

3. glavoie84 macrumors regular

I suggest you to wait to receive both items. You also have to cut the CUP code on the iPod to claim your rebate. I sold the free iPod last year to a friend but I waited to have all needed items to make my claim before.

4. ProperNoun thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah...I don't think I can live with being nervous about possibly losing out on my $200 rebate because I couldn't wait a week to sell the iPod. I'll just wait until everything comes.

5. ProperNoun thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually my MBP just shipped today so I was able to send away the online rebate. It says:

"Thank you for your Back to School 2010 submission, your claim has been received and is being processed. You should expect your check to be processed by 6/30/2010. "

Will I need my iPod Touch still or is it safe now?

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

If you buy it straight from Apple then they may process the rebate differently. For the times I got one through my local bookstore, I had to send the UPCs in.