Safe to upgrade Lion and SL now?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ruahrc, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

Jun 9, 2009
    Is it safe to update to the latest Lion 10.7.3 and the latest SL patch yet? I didn't update because of concerns over the bugs and them breaking things.

Software update on the Lion computer still wants to download the 1.5GB combo updater, did Apple ever released a fixed standalone updater?

What about the latest Snow Leopard patch? I heard it broke Roestta, did all of its issues get fixed more recently too?

I am doing some pretty important stuff related to finishing grad school right now and I can't afford my systems to go down or lose functionality due to some bugs in updates. However, being exposed to security vulnerabilities is also not a good thing either.

Maybe I should continue to hold off for another couple of months. Software Update just gets annoying as it keeps bothering me to upgrade.

2. StevenMeyer macrumors member

Dec 17, 2011
    New York... Where Else?
    From my experience there is a humungous memory leak in 10.7.3
  3. Eithanius macrumors 65816

Nov 19, 2005
    perhaps VRAM leak was even worse... I was crunching via CUDA when after 15 minutes all my work units died... back to Snow Leopard for me...
  4. lexdiamonnyc macrumors member

Feb 29, 2012
    at first I didn't consider Lion because of some issues with certain programs...........but for the past month or so I've gotten very curious about it, and the more I read about Lion, the more glad I am that I didn't upgrade..........looks like I'll be waiting for Mountain Lion:cool:

after all, Snow Leopard runs flawless for crashes, no freezes, no issues at all........:)