Safe to Upgrade to iCloud Drive?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by thehenry, Sep 16, 2014.

1. thehenry macrumors member

Is it safe to upgrade to iCloud drive tomorrow, even though Yosemite will not be out till October? I use iWork on both devices and need them to continue to sync. One of my macs does have Yosemite DP8 on it, will iCloud Drive sync with that?? Thanks

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I would hold off until all your devices are running iOS 8 or Yosemite, because when your upgrade, the older OS's lose access to iCloud.

3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I did it with the iOS 8 GM and have't had issues. iOS8 is released tomorrow so I don't see why not. I would not wait for Yosemite, that's likely over a month away.

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

True, I have the PB 3 partitioned on my Mac and depending what happens tomorrow, I may upgrade my iCloud. Part of me wants to go full time with the PB 3, as it's probably the last build before the Yosemite GM.

5. Razeus macrumors 603

I'm not doing a damn thing with iCloud Drive until Yosemite is released. Same with the Photos app.

Apple should have pushed harder to get everything released on the same day.

It's no wonder they had to pull iCloud Photo Library at the last second.

6. SgtPepper23 macrumors regular

This, and i'm going to wait a bit further, since i plan on doing a clean install of OS X, in January.

7. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I already switched, but you're right. Its a joke really.

8. Razeus macrumors 603

I think I spoke too soon. iCloud Photo Library wasn't pulled, but has been reduced to beta. Don't know if user will get it tomorrow, but I guess we'll find out.

I'm not using a beta from Apple. They can barely get their cloud 1.0 releases right, therefore I don't have high hopes for Betas.

I'll wait until Photos comes to Yosemite next year before I switch it on my iPhone.

I'll keep using Google Drive until I hear from you guys that iCloud Drive is working as it should. Can you even right click on a file and get a link in iCloud Drive???