Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prawnstar69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
is it safe to upgrade to ios 6.0.1? yes, i want jailbreak and i updated to 6.0.. will there be a jailbreak for 6.0.1?

NanoNyrd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
is it safe to upgrade to ios 6.0.1? yes, i want jailbreak and i updated to 6.0.. will there be a jailbreak for 6.0.1?

It is unfortunately impossible to say. It is likely that there will be a jailbreak for 6.X also for the 4S, but it can take months. It is entirely possible that it will only work for 6.0, but with a bit of luck it will be for the newest 6.X - however, you cannot count on luck :-(

Prawnstar69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
It is unfortunately impossible to say. It is likely that there will be a jailbreak for 6.X also for the 4S, but it can take months. It is entirely possible that it will only work for 6.0, but with a bit of luck it will be for the newest 6.X - however, you cannot count on luck :-(

but all of the threads and stuff say Jailbreak for ios 6.0.1 getting closer..... like absinthe jailbreak? i looked at that and updated.. dont tell me im screwed AGAIN

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Nope, the limera1n bootrom exploit will always allow a tethered jailbreak for A4 and 3GS devices, it's just a matter of adjusting redsn0w, not finding new exploits.

The untethered all-device jailbreak they are working on now might only be for 6.0, @Musclenerd has advised to stay on 6.0 if you are there now.

It is not clear if the exploits they have now were closed in 6.01 or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.