Safe to upgrade???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by rbart86, Jul 30, 2008.

1. rbart86 macrumors newbie

Hello. I have a jailbroken ipod touch, version 1.1.1 (???), i think. I jailbroke it as soon as i got it, many months ago. I havent bothered following any of the updates as it has been working fine for what i wanted it for....mail, notes and calendar. So seeing as these are the only apps i currently use, i am thinking about paying £5.99 for the 2.0 update. Make my ipod 'official' again plus possibly benefit from the cool apps available. I just want to make sure this will be ok to upgrade from a jailbroken ipod....and i won't lose any of my music....

Thanks for your help
    :apple:

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

I would back up my iPod if I were you, then restore to a legit firmware, and then upgrade.

3. rbart86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thanks. Is there an easy way to backup my music??

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if your music is already in iTunes ready to sync then you will be fine, if you have bought anything from the app store or itunes via the touch itself then just right click on the device name in iTunes on your mac or pc and click transfer purchases

5. rbart86 thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm, most of my ipod music is not in my itunes library....is there some software i could use to rip it all to my hard drive???

Thanks

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if you have purchased music on your touch then plug ipod in, open itunes and right click on yout device to the left and click on transfer purchases and this will copy all your purchased music over to iTunes

7. rbart86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, most of it is cd rips and stuff......could be a problem then???

It doesnt really mater at the moment anyway as my ibook seems to be completely screwed!