Safire Toolbar

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rm2092, Jan 19, 2012.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

Two iPads side by side, my friends toolbar/address bar is like black and mine is grey which is what I have always had on both iPads so what gives is there a option to change the color ?

2. BrennerM macrumors regular

Your friend has private browsing turned on, which changes the color scheme. This can be changed under Settings > Safari

3. rm2092, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

Oh cool did not know, I like the black it's a change.
    A Black keyboard to match would also be nice ?

4. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Wow I really like that look of that too. Thing is I actually Don't want privacy mode active.

(and btw having the browser be a different color sort of partially defeats the privacy right?)

5. ejisfun macrumors regular

I suppose, but if someone can see your screen well enough to notice that you're in private mode, then they can probably see what you're privately browsing anyway.

6. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Yup I suppose. My point I think was more that you'd be revealing you were in Privacy mode even when you weren't browsing something...private. You know?

7. mgf macrumors newbie

My Ipad 2 task bar just decided to change to black and I did nothing to make this happen. I have tried looking for the safari private browsing and it's not even an option in my settings. I've also tried going to general and change from white on black, to the way it was before and there's nothing in there either. What else might have changed my task bar? I'm not a fan of the white on black and I want to change it back.

8. Left4DeadBoy macrumors regular

Left4DeadBoy

Karma. Thats karma. You can call Apple for service and repair. Ive had successes (I think) doing that.

9. mgf macrumors newbie

Awesome. I tried calling and found out just to ask a simple question, I have to have apple care, or pay $30 :p I'm also having issues where Safari logs me out of everything and refreshes. Are these problems with the recent update?

10. fricotin macrumors regular

I am using an iPad Air 2 and iOS 9, tapping the two small squares on the top right hand of the screen lets me turn on or off the Private browsing option, changing the colour of the tool bar.