Salary on Flash/multimedia production designer

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by xoxo2009, Jan 31, 2009.

1. xoxo2009 macrumors newbie

2. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Well for some one in a Jr position (less than 2 years experience) I'd say your getting a fair rate of pay. When I started doing web design after college I was making $26k my first year, and 4 years later I'm making $40k+ a year, so stick in there.

A List A Part provides this Salary Guide which may put things in perspective.

The average pay range was $40,000-$59,999 for people with most respondents having 2-3 years experience.

So really for some one fresh out of college with 1 year of experience your right where ya should be. I'd say stick it out for another year with your current company and then see what your offered, if you feel it's not enough that dust off the resume and look elsewhere.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Salaries are very locale specific. Also, most places will negotiate on salary. If they're not willing, start looking elsewhere if you want more money. Raises on average are generally 2-4% and with the economy the way it is, don't expect much more. The raise you got is very normal.

Another thing to work on, is appearing more professional. I know this is a casual forum, but you have a few spelling and grammar issues in your post. Hopefully it's not reflective of your writing skills. Employers care very much about communication skills, and that includes your ability to write. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, because this is just a forum, but I find if you can practice being professional here, you won't have to try so hard in your career.

A last bit of advice, don't sell yourself short simply because you just got out of school. If you know what you're doing, then present yourself like you do in interviews. Try to appear confident in your abilities and don't be afraid to ask for a little higher salary, they are negotiable. Though, don't be unreasonable either, as it'll just turn off employers.

4. xoxo2009 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for your reply. It is very helpful!

:)

Thank you so much for your reply. It is very helpful!

:)

5. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

Consider yourself lucky that you have a job in this economy. I made 13k my first year in business. There's only one way to go, and that's up.

6. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I concur, considering the economic climate you're lucky to get a job in an industry that is tightening the purse strings.

For the record my first job I was making AUD$500pw which was pretty crap, get some time in the position then you can move up.

7. RoninXI macrumors regular

Right now locally we had three plants shut down that I know of and a lot more cutting way back. Many people around here have dropped out of colledge because the money to go just doesn't exist.

These are tough times. I would have to agree you need to be satisfied with what you're getting atleast for now because if you weather this down time you will have put considerable time in and as it turns around it should get much better though it may require moving to another company.

I have not made as much as you have so far with most likely similar schooling. To make it worse I started my own business. With the economy the way it is, I have not been able to get many jobs and for me that means I don't get paid at all. My last paycheck was the first week of November 2008. That should thankfully change in about two weeks. Until then I get to find a way to live off my savings.