Price Advice Sale 2009 Mac Pro what to expect?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Boneheadxan, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Boneheadxan macrumors regular

Boneheadxan

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum for this, apologies if it isn't:

How much can I expect a 2009 Mac Pro Nehalem 2 x 2.26, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, ATI 5870 graphics card to fetch currently?

I just cleaned out 3 years of dust from inside this machine, lol.

Due to my location, I can't rely on eBay etc. and a Mac Pro is very difficult to sell locally. I'm travelling soon and might be able to trade it for cash, but prices on eBay were all over the place. Not sure, maybe some of those are high asking prices? So, not sure on how much to expect?

They quoted me $600-$700 for my 2010 MBP 2.66 i7 8GB RAM as long as everything works okay. I know eBay might get me more, but it's a hassle for me.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks guys.

2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

$1000-$1400 I'd say for the Mac Pro. That's probably accurate for your MacBook Pro too.

3. Boneheadxan thread starter macrumors regular

Boneheadxan

4. rei101 macrumors 6502a

I just spent close to $1800 in upgrades to my 2008 Mac Pro. 2GB Video Ram, 64 Ram, and USB3 and some extra PCI cards to use it as a server.

Is better than buying the new Mac Pro, despite I have about 8 TB of hard drive inside, but that is just my case. I am using it for Final Cot and Compressor and is working faster than the new iMacs we have at the office. All I need is a new SDD drive but that can wait.

I am very happy with the upgrades. But that is just ME for what I do. Your case may be different.

5. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

If you want a more accurate estimate for the eBay value. When you search click on Advanced then choose Sold Listings. That way you can see how much they actually sold for.

If you've never sold anything on eBay before that would also knock some off the sale price as buyers are more leery of you.