Sale at BestBuy (in Toronto)...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Levendis, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Levendis macrumors member

Levendis

Hi everyone,
    I'm a newbie and I have a question concerning buying a iMac now or later...

I will explain my dilemma. Here in Toronto, there is a BestBuy, on line sale only from today till Tuesday Oct. 9th (till 10am I think). Where they have the iMac 20 & 24 inch $100 off each, which makes it at par with the American price for an iMac (seeing the Canadian dollar being above American anyways)

Now my question is if I buy it now a mere possible 2 or 3 weeks until Leopard (may) being released... Would I get a free upgrade or a relatively cheaper upgrade to Leopard?

What makes sense?

Thank you,

Levendis

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Based on previous events, the answer is no discounted upgrade to Leopard at least until Leopard's release date is officially announced.

You never know what whining over the phone can do for you ... :eek: but otherwise, I'd work under the assumption that you'll have to pay retail for Leopard if you buy in the next day or two.

3. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

From my understanding is that no matter where you buy, you are pretty much out of luck from getting an update to leopard in Toronto or general, especially if you buy them at a 3rd party reseller like Best Buy. Why don't you go ask Apple in Eaton Centre or call up Apple and see if you are covered? They have better and more concrete answer than we do sometimes.

Considering taxes etc, wouldn't the iMac with $100 without leopard = the price of a new iMac with leopard but no discount?

4. Levendis thread starter macrumors member

Levendis

Thanks for the input.

Levendis