Sales for students any time soon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hgill, Apr 30, 2008.

1. hgill macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am a college student and need to buy a new computer before the end of this summer. I'm deciding between the 160 GB (white) or 250 GB (black) Macbook. When I bought my iBook 2 years ago, they had a great deal where not only did I get a $100 off the store price, but I also got a free iPod mini and a free printer (with mail-in rebates for the printer and iPod).

Does anyone know if there will be an iPod deal like that any time soon?

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

The printer deal seems to always be on and the ipod deal has come up every fall (for students) for the past several years. I don't see any reason for them to change.

3. floam macrumors regular

Are you in Computer Science or something similar? If you pay $99 for a student developer connection account, you'll get a once-per-lifetime ADC hardware discount. I saved about $600 off a Mac Pro ($500 after you consider I paid them $99) and got stuff in the mail every month, including a shirt and a free copy of Leopard.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Listen to floam; the Student Developer Discount is a great opportunity. Also, t-shirt!

5. hgill thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

The Student Developer things sounds like a great deal. Unfortunately, I'm not in Comp Sci. :eek:(

If they do have a summer deal for students coming out soon, any idea when they announce them?

6. TaylorU2012 macrumors newbie

so how would I go about signing up for a student developer connection account, next year I am majoring in Computer Science and am wondering what would be the best MacbookPro setup for Computer Science?

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You don't NEED to be in computer science, it just helps your case as to why you're becoming a developer.

Apple isn't one to give out 20% discounts willy-nilly.

8. potkettleblack macrumors newbie

Around what time in the fall does the ipod deal usually start? Before the end of August?

9. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

The past several years, it has started in mid-June and ended in late September.

10. illidian macrumors 6502

It's over the summer. June to September, give or take.

11. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

usually starts pretty soon (i.e. in May?) and runs through the start of the fall semester. So everyone buying a computer over the summer for back to school should be good. :)

12. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

If you happen to be near a college or university computer store, you might start checking them for deals now (and especially right before their finals). A lot of on campus computer stores like to clear out inventory for the summer since they don't see much business until school starts back in the fall.

13. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

iThought that it has started as early as June 9th?