Sales of good act

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ri0ku, Oct 11, 2012.

1. ri0ku, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, could anyone help me out. I am reading through the Sales of Good act terms and I am trying to find the section relevant to fit for purpose, specifically a section that explains you must prove a fault has existed since day 1 to get cover past your actual guarantee.

Could anyone help me out?

When reading some of it watered down on this site : http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/sogaexplained it explains....

"Requesting a repair or replacement

If a customer has accepted the goods and is requesting a repair or replacement because the goods are faulty, the onus on who is required to prove the problem depends on how long ago they purchased the item.

Under six months - the customer does not have to prove the item was faulty when they bought it from you. If you disagree it is up to you, the retailer, to prove the item did conform to contract (or that the fault did not exist) at the time of sale.

Over six months - you are entitled to ask the customer to prove the item was faulty when they bought it from you. If they are able to do this they are entitled to a repair or replacement."

I am trying to find the section in the actual sales of good act terms that state this out right.

2. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac