Sales record for new MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by airplaneman, Jul 5, 2009.

1. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone, it's Airplaneman. I'm new to Macs.:) Looking at the online store with 7-10 day backorders for the 2.53 GHz MBP's of both the 15" and 13" category, do you think that they'll break the sales record?:confused: As I said, I'm new to Mac, so I don't know much of anything about previous sales patterns. When does Apple release sales figures? Any input is greatly appreciated!;)

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I'm sure they can find some category to break sales records for.

Sales numbers are always released during conference calls (quaterly) and occasionally after product launches (iPhone, given it's been a decent amount of time since they release, I'd say 'no')

3. airplaneman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh, thanks, I see, so it's quarterly. Do you think the numbers sold will be a record, guys?

4. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Well, with all the price drops, speed bumps and feature enhancements... if they don't set some records that's a sure sign the economy really sucks.

5. airplaneman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup.:cool:

6. robivy64 macrumors member

We have a small local Apple seller here that has them in stock. I was able to walk in and buy a 13" 2.26 GHz MBP.

Might be a different story at the Apple store though.

7. airplaneman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea, they are pretty busy at my local Apple Store. Checking their website now, it looks like only the 2.53 Ghz models are selling like super hotcakes.:) The others, like the one you bought, look like they are in stock (for now at least).

8. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

The MacBook Pro line as a whole will definitely see a bump in sales because of the introduction of the 13". With the 13" MacBook already being the best selling Apple product, add price drop and hardware additions it's going to sell even more.