sales tracking software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sir42, Mar 7, 2008.

1. sir42 macrumors 6502

Could anyone recommend a program for tracking daily sales? My company sells about 50 different items, and I'm looking for a program that can track the daily sales of each item and then generate reports and graphs that detail the daily, weekly and yearly sales for each of the items. We also have about 30-40 different marketing initiatives, and the program would ideally be able to track those as well and prepare ROI tables.

I currently have something setup in Excel using PivotTables but it's not very robust, and the Excel file can get easily corrupted. I was thinking FileMaker might be a good solution, but I'm not sure if I'm knowledgeable enough to create the charts and graphs that I need, so I'm sort of hoping for a solution that comes ready made.

I'm open to both software and webapps solutions.

thanks!

2. sir42 thread starter macrumors 6502

I actually looked at Bento and would love to use it. But I couldn't find any way to create charts or graphs based on the sales data.

3. localman3 macrumors newbie

simple sales tracking

Have you tried Simple Sales Tracking? ( www.simplesalestracking.com ) ?

I don't think it will quite do all the reports you're looking for, but there's a reports upgrade in the works. Also, you can export data to excel to use for your already made reports?

Localman

4. sir42 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the recommendation. I looked at the site but it doesn't quite fit the bill. The site seems to be focused on tracking the sales made by employees, whereas I'm really looking to track the sales of our products.

For instance, we sell a widget, and I'd love to be able to track the daily sales of our widgets. Plus we have marketing codes, so sometimes we sell the widgets at 50% off or 70% off. My ideal program would let us look at the sales on a daily and weekly basis, and help us see if we're up day over day, and week over week, and then create graphs to show the progress of our sales.

5. yokohama macrumors newbie

6. S H macrumors newbie

Please Help

I am VERY curious if you found a program for tracking your sales? I am looking for something similar, and am having no luck. What did you choose to use?

Thank you in advance!