Sales?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aznmochamike, May 26, 2008.

1. aznmochamike macrumors newbie

I wanted to buy a macbook but then I'm still waiting for a good sale... does anyone know if apple will have a back to school sale comming up?... i am a student but then i only can get 100 off... last year they had a bigger sale n i was hoping they would have the same this year... :)

2. chris57 macrumors member

I'm pretty sure last year, you had to buy a Mac and and iPod, and you got the iPod free. So unless you want/need an iPod, you shouldn't wait. You could sell it on eBay if you already have one.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

check out the many refurbs that Apple offers. Great deals on MB and you still have the (1) year warranty right out of the box. Good Luck. :cool:

4. aznmochamike thread starter macrumors newbie

well i have an ipod classic 80gb... dont really need another one but can sell it off for the money... what you are saying is last year if u got a macbook, bought an ipod... you would get that ipod for free?... so that means u really didnt have to put the m,oney out to buy it... is that right?... btw i am a college student so an ipod's cost can help with some books... :D:D... thanks everyone

5. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Amazon.com has no sales tax, and a $75 rebate. I saved $214 by buying my 24" iMac from Amazon versus retail. Next day shipping was only $4. :D

6. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Apple doesn't really do sales, though they have many promotions.

As for the iPod deal, I'm pretty sure that you had to purchase the iPod, and Apple would issue a rebate/refund for the purchase price of that iPod (up to a certain amount). Never took advantage of this myself, so don't quote me on that.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Definitely a great iPod deal with your MB purchase just before school starts. I bought the MB 2.16 Mid-Level with a 30GB Video iPod for $249 and received a check for $199 in about 17 days, which is a pretty good turn around for rebates from Apple in August '07. :cool:

8. aznmochamike thread starter macrumors newbie

yep... thats what i was going to do... sell it back and use that money for accessories on the macbook...:D