Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hey all

I noticed my little nephew had his finger in his mouth. He had a lot of saliva On his hands and he had it on my trackpad on my MBA.

I quickly noticed this and cleaned tr salvia off the trackpad. I don't think any saliva went in through the trackpad into my MBA. However I am concerned now. The MBA seems to be working fine do does the trackpad.

Should I be worried and get it checked by apple?

Thanks in advance.

johnhurley

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
Should I be worried and get it checked by apple?

Worry ... worry worry worry!

Seriously don't let 3 year olds of any kind get near your machine ... ever. Seven year olds either ... ever.

Stick a fan by the top of the machine and run the fan for a couple of hours. Clean top of trackpad and keyboard "cautiously" with a barely damp high quality towel or similar. ( No I don't mean major amounts of water on it ... barely even minor amounts in a few spots ).

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Hey all

Should I be worried and get it checked by apple?Thanks in advance.

I've been drooling on my trackpad for months, no problems at all.:p:eek:

I think the microsoft cloth idea (possibly with a tiny bit of some good screen cleaner sprayed on) is the way to go.:)

Xikum

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
Stop panicing. Saliva won't have caused any damage to the trackpad, and the slit between the trackpad and the outer chassis is so small that its impossible more than a few drops would have gotten through. And do you think that Apple would have put something like a CPU underneath an open slit with no protection? No, of course not.

Your laptop is fine. No need to be a hypochondriac.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hi

Thanks for all your replies. I am sorry over reacting. Just like to look after this MBA of mines. Ok will stop worrying

Sorry for the silly post. Just over reactive.

Xikum

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
Hi

Thanks for all your replies. I am sorry over reacting. Just like to look after this MBA of mines. Ok will stop worrying

Sorry for the silly post. Just over reactive.

Its only natural. Everybody worries bout their Apple products, because we love them and spent so much money on them. I'm the same, sometimes I check my bag to make sure my Air is there after using it at the library or whatever, even though I know fine well I packed it away.

We just all need a kick up the backside sometimes eh ;).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.