Salt Lake users on the board?? Problems!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevey500, Jan 15, 2009.

1. stevey500 macrumors 6502

Around 7PM tonight my phone went stupid. Outgoing calls failed instantly. All calls in general were a failure. 3G, Edge, and the o data symbols were gone. Said full service. Nothing worked. Restarted the phone. Same thing. I thought, "alright I swear i paid my bill" ... i just shoved the thing in my pocket and carried on. Later on, Edge came back where 3G should have been at 5 bars too but was very flaky, calls and data worked, barely though. 3G came back around 9PM .. works, still barely. Very flaky. Now 3G and edge are just disappearing constantly and barely functions at when it comes to data/calls. I popped my sim in an unlocked G1 that I have here and it's doing the same thing.

Anyone else having issues? It's been doing this for about a week now. I feel kind of ripped off by AT&T lately, for how much I pay for a phone bill and its not working on the nights i want to actually make the best of my mobile experience is just discouraging.

:S

-steve

2. ncsimmons03 macrumors member

I had major issues with service last night in the Salt Lake area so you are not alone. I thought it was just me but I checked with my brother (also iPhone user) and a person I work with who has ATT and they were both having issues. Seemed to clear back up around 9:30 pm but then was off and on at best for the rest of the night. I don't know what's going on but it's annoying. My calls/texts seem to be working fine at this point but data is off and on. Right now it's working fine but I'm holding my breath.

3. stevey500 thread starter macrumors 6502

ahoy, i'm not crazy. haha, yeah I talked to my buddy colton this morning who also has an iphone and he confirmed that the network was almost useless to him too. I went to AT&T today to discuss a few things about our bill and asked them about it, says "uh.. yeah, we were having some issues or something"..

4. ncsimmons03 macrumors member

5. sectime macrumors 6502a

My phone displayed "searching "starting about 5:30pm. Around 6:30 I could make flakey edge calls. Data out all night, At&t said No issues must be the phone, Apple made me a genius appointment. Today Data still slow, Radio apps freezing etc. All with full 3G bars :rolleyes:
    Where I work and live the service has been super with 1meg plus downloads
    common. I hope the speed comes back. Verizon speed is awful in same locations go figure! Nice to see some home posts here

6. appleisgod macrumors regular

I'm up in Park City and I'm not sure if this applies to SLC but every year sundance comes around my phone does this. The towers just get overloaded with the mass number of people to the extent it takes me 7 tries to send a text and 4 to make a call actually go through.