Sam unlock after 5.1.1 Jailbreak no go *SOLVED*

Stever71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
I had the wives IP4 running on Rogers using the Sam Unlock FW 5.01. My tickets were saved using redsnow.

I recently upgraded it to 5.1.1, applied new jailbreak using snowbreeze and restored back-up.
I then followed guide on iclarified on how to restore unlock using saved tickets.
went through the steps and copied/pasted saved lockdown folder in var/root/library.
PHP:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=21639
After rebooting i still get no service.

Am I missing something here? I am supposed to go through the sam unlock process again?
I thought all you needed to do was replace the lockdown folder.

tia

Last edited:

Stever71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
here is the rest of the process to get it going

Step 1: Jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 5.1.1.
Step 2: Install SAM on iOS 5.1.1.
Step 3: Revert Lockdown to stock.
Step 4: Replace the backup activation ticket (Lockdown folder) to this path: /var/root/Library/Lockdown.
Step 5: Reboot your device.
Step 6: Disable SAM.
Step 7: Reboot, and then wait for the Carrier Signals to Appears.

Comment

Stever71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Or just save the entire Lockdown folder, replace the stock Lockdown folder with the saved folder after the upgrade.
Originally thats what i did. This did not work. I kept getting no service. What did work was opening Sam and "Revert Lockdown to Stock". After this step I replaced my lockdown folder with my saved activation, rebooted and back running on rogers.

*Just replacing the lockdown folder on my 4S was sufficient enough for me to get t-mobile running after the upgrade to 5.1.1.*

Comment