SAM unlock messed up my Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dault2, Apr 23, 2012.

1. dault2 macrumors member

So I tried to use the SAM unlock to use a t-mobile sim and it wouldn't recognize the sim after plugging it into itunes many time so I decided to give up and put my Verizon sim back in.

When I put my Verizon sim back in it activates I can send texts but I cant make or receive phone calls. It says something like "currently unable to authenticate your phone" can anyone help? I need my phone back!!!

Thanks!

2. jdzialak macrumors regular

3. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

Call Verizon and ask for a reset from their end, or just restore

4. dault2 thread starter macrumors member

Yes I have tried disabling sam, uninstaling it, deleting the lockdownd folder. I think that I may have messed up the sim some how in the settings but everything looks normal... I dont want to restore because I'll lose my jailbreak

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Deactivate the phone and the try activating it without any sim. My understanding is that CDMA 4S' don't need SIMs to activate on their native carriers.

6. dault2 thread starter macrumors member

Activates but does the same thing... hmm this is really weird

7. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

call verizon they can reset the phones parameters on their end

8. dault2 thread starter macrumors member

Ok I called Verizon and they were able to fix my calling. 3g still isn't working and they told me just to do a restore.

9. dault2 thread starter macrumors member

3G is back!

Update #2: I restored my phone and that didn't help. Called Verizon again and the rep I talked to restarted my line or something? If your having the same problem just ask them to reset your line! you probably wont have to restore

Thanks again for all the help

10. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Wow what a pain. So did you have a 4 or a 4 S? I know the 4 S Sprint phone has a sim in it, it must just handle data as you can remove it and still make a call.