Samba Connection Prompt Driving Me Insane!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zacho56, Nov 19, 2014.

1. zacho56 macrumors newbie

I have a samba server set up for connection between another pc on my network. I have disabled Samba sharing within OS X Yosemite, and it is still popping up asking me to connect. I click close, but a couple minutes later, pops up again!

It is actually making me angry. Anyone know how to stop this? I have googled and googled to no avail. This is freaking annoying.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

2. asriznet macrumors regular

Can you explain your setup in detail?

Which is the Samba server? Mac or PC?
    Which device is getting the prompt? Mac or PC?

Would be helpful if you have the exact message/prompt you are getting.

3. zacho56 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey,

yeah sorry I should have been more detailed.

I have a samba server on my Linux home server. I use(d) it to connect to my windows pc to share with.

I didn't want my Mac to use it, and even checked the mac settings for Samba and other sharing protocols, all are turned off.

The prompt im getting is just the standard connection prompt. Where I just re-installed OS X it will pop up asking me which application I want to use to connect, then when I either close it or continue, it will just pop up again trying to connect to the samba server over and over.

If I choose to continue, it will show it trying to connect to the samba server. This prompt (although smb instead of cifs): [​IMG]

No matter how many times I close it off, whenever I open a new tab in any browser, it will cut my typing off and prompt with that. Every bloody time. I have searched everywhere for a fix, but no help.

4. zacho56 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. zacho56 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh god this is really driving me freaking insane. I am soon going to just uninstall OSX and use Linux, as I cant handle this...