Same Apps Resuming on Startup

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by saidtezel, Aug 29, 2011.

1. saidtezel macrumors member

So here is the deal. I've decided to give 10.7.2 beta a try few days ago, it was alright, but had few bothering slowness problems. So I took a backup, made a clean 10.7.1 install and restored the backup. But thats where the real problems began. Now the app states doesn't get updated, and regardless of the open apps when I close the computer, when I open it back up, it resumes the that were opened few restarts ago.

I've tried to delete the saved app states folder, fixin the permissions, removing the ACLs but no luck, it wouldn't save the recent changes on the computer. So for example, if i change my background, on next restart itd still bring back the old one. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it? because it's pretty irritating. Thx

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

First of all, unless you are a developer why are you installing the 10.7.2 beta? As far as your problem, probably something that you are restoring from the 10.7.2 backup is incompatible with 10.7.1. I would suggest doing a clean install again and not just restore from the backup blind. You will have to do a manual copy over of files from the backup. I would suggest not bringing over any system files that may have been backed up for 10.7.2.