Same Artist & Same Album Name Problem...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adamlewis7609, Oct 31, 2010.

1. adamlewis7609 macrumors newbie

Hello... I was wondering if there is a fix for this. Let's say I have an album and a single by the same artist with the same album name. Think of Bon Jovi's "Have A Nice Day". The single and the album have the same name. I have the grouping field set to "Album" and "Single" respectively, BUT the problem is when syncing to iPod Touch. The album shows up as ONE album and all the tracks are together. The Single and the Album are together... it's terrible. Does anyone know of a way to get around this?

I will have to rename the albums to something like [A] Have a Nice Day, and Have a Nice Day... but then if i do that.. I have to do it with every single album in my collection (my OCD will make sure of that lol). Any way to do this that's easier? hehe

Thank You,
    Adam

2. transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

Simple

Just add the word "single to the title and it will show up separately from the album. Do this: in iTunes Hi light and right click the single track in question, look for the tab called "Get Info" this will open up a new page, click on the tab at the top that says "info" This will open up the screen where you can edit the title, artist, years, etc. On the line for "Album" Type up the name of the track, and after a coma add the word "single". click the ok tab at the bottom and this will fix things with iTunes. Next delete the single from your Touch and install it again it will now have the corrected title, problem solved :D

3. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

I have a much easier solution that works for me flawlessly. Simply add a space to the end of one of the albums. So one will be "Have A Nice Day" and the other will be "Have A Nice Day ". Your iPod will recognize it as two separate albums :)

4. transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

Yes indeed this works just fine. I like to have the Titles as accurate as I can have them, so the date, actual title and catalog number are important. I have what I call a reference collection of over 3.5 terabytes of music with many different performances by the same or different artists of the same piece of music. When I am searching for a specific track this is what I need to find it. In such a collection it is very easy to lose things. It sure is a good thing storage space is so cheap. I just ordered a 2 terabyte external HD. People wonder why I have so much, I am a musician and I suppose you could call all this as my personal "Fake Book" :)

By the way do you like Doo Wop music? If so let me turn you on to a great podcast. Doo Wops Forever with Gus D. Oldie The Duke of Doo Wop. This is the best such radio show I have ever listened to.

Here are two App's:
    "1920s radio" network (WHRO)

1920s radio plays oldies for the 1920 into the late 1940's mostly Big Band.

90.7 WWOZ FM New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Station

WWOZ is the best Jazz station in the known universe, I mean it. :D
    The live performances are a treasure. This is a public radio station but not a part of NPR. The DJ's are volunteers and many of them are jazz musicians themselves who bring in their own music collections.