Same batteries are used in different MB?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by feyn-man, Dec 12, 2007.

1. feyn-man macrumors regular

I mean if the batteries of 2.0GHz & 2.2GGHz SR MB are the same? I have a question if the answer is YES.

I think, theoritically, the power consumptions of different CPU frequency will not be the same. So, theoritically again, the battery of 2.0GHz can be used longer than the 2.2GHz one. Am I right?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Same battery.

I'd imagine the difference in power consumption would be extremely negligible. A lot of factors, both on the chip and in other components of the computer, contribute to power consumption, so I'm not sure you'd be able to see a difference.

3. feyn-man thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, I see. Thank you.
    I just wondered if APPLE will use a battery in 2.0GHz one which is a little worse than 2.2GHz to get a same using time.

Wait a minute. Although they won't produce a dedicated better battery for 2.2GHz, how about they give the lower capacity battery (tested in the magin of SPEC) to 2.0GHz MB? I mean the same model of battery, but there still be difference from one to another. Because 2.0GHz is the lowest end product.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Nope. The difference is likely so small that it's not worth the hassle of having to produce different battery models and forcing consumers to correctly figure out which one is right for them.