same logic board in all A1181 machines?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by burton420, Jun 16, 2010.

1. burton420 macrumors newbie

i purchased two systems, both A1181 machines. one had a functional logic board but screen and clam shell were toast. the other only had the outer case with functional screen. i tried taking the clam shell from the one machine and attaching it to the one with the functional logic board. everything went well until the end when i tried to connect the three wires on the left side of the screen to the logic board. there is a gray and black single wire that connect to the video card i am guessing, and the last connection, which is comprised of 4 small black wires doesn't seem to match the connection on the logic board.

i am wondering if there are logic boards specific to different macbooks. having the same model number is a little confusing. i also found the keyboard connection didn't fit as well as most keyboard connections i have made in the past. i was able to turn the machine on with the power button, but without connecting the last 4-wire connection i didn't get anything on the screen. just a chime.

if anyone can give me a few tips it would be much appreciated.
    thank you in advance.

2. pdubak macrumors member

The Black four wire connector coming out of the left side of the display assembly is the Inverter cable. The connector is labeled so on the logicboard and it snaps in there.

The Black, Blue, Gray wires plug into the top of the airport card in that sequence left to right.

If the model numbers are the same, the logicboard should be the same as far as I know with tech specs.